Apple iCloud on IOS (first two steps are only required if you haven't turned on iCloud photo sharing yet)
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 10.3 or later, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos,
- then turn on iCloud Photo Sharing. In iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos
- Open photos app (not icloud)
- Go to the Shared tab and tap or click +
- Enter the Shared Album Name and the people that you want to invite (although if they have an android phone, they can only access through a shared public link)
- Click "Create"
- Add photo(s) to shared album
- Click people tab
- turn on Public Website
- Click share link
- Congratulations, you're now a hundred years old
- Click on photo you want to share
- Click share button
- Click Create link
Summary: Apple somehow managed to make something as simple as sharing a photo require up to 10 separate steps/actions (not unlike copying files from an iphone to a computer) while Google keeps it simple.